Regardless of the time of day or season of the year, they are always attempting to get inside your home. Treating the exterior of your home will help keep them out, but you also need to take a few precautions.
What You Can Do To Help Keep Your Home Free Of Pests
There are several simple steps you can take to clear pests from your house. They don’t require any special skills or tools, and they have a tremendous impact on your fight to keep pests out of your home.
- Place all of your trash inside trash cans with lids that lock or are heavy. This keeps the critters from getting inside, tipping them over, and making a mess. Plus, once they discover how to get into a trash can, they will return to their new food source.
- If you are throwing away bones or meat scraps, tie them up inside a small plastic bag before you throw them away. Cutting the smell of food means they won’t be attracted to your trash.
- Minimize the movement of objects from the outside the house to inside. For instance, let your children have outside and inside toys. If they take some of their inside toys outside, then have them clean the toys before moving them back inside. The same goes for any chairs or other items you put out for a party, clean them before placing them back inside the house.
- Clear up any standing water on your property. Standing water is not only a place for mosquitoes to breed, but it also attracts smaller animals. If you have a reoccurring standing water problem, it could be a sign there is a leak in your lawn’s sprinkler system.
- Trim any large bushes close to your home, smaller animals will use them for shelter.
- If you like to keep a bowl of fruit out on a counter, place it in the refrigerator at night and don’t let the fruit get overly ripe. Flies and other insects will be drawn to the ripe fruit.
Holder Pest Control has been around for so long because we offer excellent service at reasonable prices. We know what it takes to keep your home free of pests. Give us a call to schedule a free estimate.